Every student who participates earns a prize!
Read-a-thon Spirit Week:
Monday, April 4th
Black Bear Pride – Wear black and red or spirit wear items
Tuesday, April 5th
Cozy PJ and book day - Wear your favorite pajamas and take a break to enjoy some cozy reading
Wednesday, April 6th
Wacky Hair Wednesday - Let’s see your crazy hair. Be creative! Read a wacky, funny joke book and earn double reading time
Thursday, April 7th
Story book Theme Day - Dress as your favorite story book character and bring in your book to share with your class
Welcome to Tualatin Elementary PTA!
2022 Read-a-thon Timeline:
March 16- March 26:
Set up pledge star with students at
Begin gathering sponsors!
March 28th - April 2:
Continue gathering pedes
Win prizes by completing read-a-thon worksheets in class
April 4th - April 7th:
Start turning in pledge sheets
Fill out the Reading Log!!
Read-a-thon spirit week!
April 11th - 14th:
Turn in your Read-a-thon sheets
Final week to turn in pledge forms
Class winners will begin to be tallied
- Register at https://pledgestar.com/tualatin and earn a bookmark.
- Send out at least 10 emails and receive a tasty treat!
- Receive your first pledge and your name will be added to a STAR on our Read-a-thon Wall of Fame (located in Tualatin Elementary).
- Raise $25 and get a fun eraser!
- Raise $50 and get something delicious from In-N-Out Burger!
- Complete the in-class activity worksheets and receive a prize from your teacher and a chance to win an additional prize from the treasure bin (one winner per class per day!).
- Turn in your reading log and receive a certificate signed by Mr. Kingery!
- Turn in your read-a-thon pledge sheet and receive a frozen treat!
- K-2nd Classroom with the most money raised will get an ice cream party!!
- 3rd -5th Classroom with the most money raised will get a Buntlet Party from Nothing Bundt Cakes!!
- 2 classrooms (one from K-2nd and one from 3rd -5th) with the most minutes read will get a Pizza Party and the teacher will earn a $25 Gift Card.
- Additional prizes to be announced officially the week of the Readathon and may include items like sporting events tickets.
1,000 Minute Club members will be posted on the Wall of Fame and get additional prizes!
School Prizes: If we can hit our school wide goals of:
- $1,000 - Staff and teachers wear a tu-tu
- $5,000 - Music Teacher, Melissa Hinkle, will get a pie in the face!
- $7,500 – PE Teacher, Hannah Olson, will get a pie in the face!
- $10,000 – Extra Recess and Popsicle party!
2022 Read-A-Thon was a success!
We raised $14,660!
THANK YOU to everyone who participated and donated!
We are excited to bring back the Read-a-Thon to Tualatin Elementary. This is a participation based event encouraging students to build literacy skills while raising funds for our school.
Students collect donations by gathering a flat pledge amount, and then log minutes read and complete in class activities. Proceeds from the Read-A-Thon go directly to school programs for student enrichment such as field trips, ArtLit, library books, and more!
Everything you need to know - including Reading Logs - can be found in our